[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Oct 30 19:46:25 UTC 2009

Wes, I've told you about miracles and apparitions that have really
happened and you have ignored me over and over and over.  You can
ignore me at first glance, but you should look into them if you are
at all a conscientious person deserving any respect from anyone.
Miracles of the Eucharist are still around today.  You need to go
to Europe and visit Fatima.  You need to visit Lourdes.  You need to
visit the place in Japan where the statue of the virgin Mary bled.
And this has happened in other places as well by the way.  I'm not
going to say that every story of a Mary statue bleeding is true,
but stories of it that are true have been tested scientifically
or it wouldn't be known that the blood is human and that no known
trick was used to cause the statue to bleed.  If you are closed
minded in that you won't accept the truth even if it is right in
front of your nose, nobody can help you.  God won't help you unless
someone prays for you perhaps.  That is a major hint to anybody
reading this who believes in God concerning what they should do.

The heart of Joan of Arc after she was burned at the stake as a
heretic by the corrupt English court system did remain and was
solid gold.  The miracle of the Eucharist that happened in
Portland at St. Stanislaus did happen.  The virgin Mary,
the mother of Jesus, has been appearing and warning people
that they need to pray, obey God's law, and fast to avert
chastisements.  Only a doubting Thomas would say I have
to see a picture of a miracle to believe that miracles happen.
Even then, you won't believe as you will question how the
picture was produced and claim that it's a photo shop job.
You are impossible to convince because you won't look into
these things yourself.  Someone has to bring it to you on
a silver platter, which is very hard to do.  You have decided
what is true and what isn't about God and Christianity without
making an effort of any kind whatsoever to make sure you are
right.

As I see it, you selfishly want to remain an atheist because
you don't trust that you would be better off as a man of God.
You are a coward Wes.  You argue with me without scholarship
and you are angry, very angry.  I'm not your problem Wes, you
are your own problem.

Miracles aren't necessary to believe in God, but they can be nice
tangible things to use as a reason for faith.

What reason do I have to lie about the truths in the bible?  Why
would I lie about miracles?  Do you honestly think I could convince
you to believe anything by lying to you Wes and getting caught
lying?  Number one, faith comes from God.  Number two, faith is
revealed to us as Truth.

For a second Wes do something terrifying and accept that every
miracle in the bible and every other miracle I've tried to
mention really did happen.  If you knew this to be true, what
would be your position on God?  Would you have faith in Him?
The ultimate goal of reasoning, of rational thought, is to find
the Truth.  There is a single Truth and that Truth is where you
will find God.