[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

Michael Moore moore.michael.m at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:47:53 UTC 2009

On 10/30/09, Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 10:48 -0700, Michael Moore wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Michael Robinson
> > <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> >
> > > There is no atheistic foundation for human rights.
> >
> > http://www.secularhumanism.org/
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism
>
> I stand by my statement that there is no atheistic foundation for human
> rights.

Then you can't or won't comprehend what you read.  The foundations are
laid out pretty simply on those two links.  There's certainly more to
be found elsewhere.

"Theism" and "atheism" alone imply no foundation for anything in
particular, except what they mean.  Theism:  a belief in a deity or
deities; atheism:  the lack of belief in a deity or deities.  Neither
of those things implicitly or explicitly implies a foundation for
human rights, nor do either of those things implicitly or explicitly
preclude a foundation for human rights.

Any assertion to the contrary is simple bigotry, often rooted in ignorance.

Michael M.