[PLUG-TALK] Power Strip Switches

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Oct 30 21:05:09 UTC 2009

I maintain a system that is shut down every night. Many of the users are
not technically sophisticated and need detailed instructions for simple
things. To help them we've plugged everything into a power strip so that
when the computer finishes it's shut down routine they can simply throw
the one switch and be done. A solution to the resulting desktop clutter
is to mount the power strip under the desk. The problem with that is
that the cord entering the strip is pointing the wrong way --  it loops
out before going back towards the back of the desk to the wall.

Has anyone ever seen a power strip with the switch on the opposite end
from where the cord connects to the strip?

Does anyone have another solution to this cable management issue?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens