[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

wes plug at the-wes.com
Fri Oct 30 21:12:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Michael Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 10:48 -0700, Michael Moore wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Michael Robinson
> > <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> >
> > > There is no atheistic foundation for human rights.
> >
> > http://www.secularhumanism.org/
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism
>
> I stand by my statement that there is no atheistic foundation for human
> rights.

You stand by an incorrect statement. How noble.

Humanity created by God in God's image for God has no purpose
> and no value without God.

I have my own purpose and everyone has their own value to me without God.

Without Man's God given value, murder becomes
> okay.

No, it doesn't.

It becomes okay to abuse drugs which weaken one's health and
> compromise one's judgement.

More okay without God, but still not 100%. I should have the right to hurt
myself as much as I want. But not others.

The culture of death is pushed by atheists,
> a culture that has the potential to wipe out humanity if it ever takes
> hold fully.

No more so than theists.

Already, Christians choosing not to have children has
> shifted the balance of power in the world.  God will rectify the
> situation, it is merely a question of when?

I would love nothing more than to stand next to you before God and ask which
of us is right. I'm content to wait until that opportunity arrives. Will you
grant us the same respect?

-wes