[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

Aaron ke7ezt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 21:37:35 UTC 2009

Michael,

Question..if god has been around how come the world has never known peace?
and how come all the time there are major conflicts over religion? Do you
think that it would be better for christians to try and take over and
convert everyone that is not christian, or do you think it would be better
to accept that others have a different view and let everyone believe what
they wish (as long as they aren't hurting someone else)?  Isn't the choice
of believing in god (or which god) or not between the person and god?

I don't even understand what you mean "living flesh and living blood".  That
would seem to indicate that God/Christ is a physical being--and I haven't as
of yet seen either of these entities.

You can say that I have closed my mind to God, but you are incorrect.  I've
actually studied many different religions and come to believe, on my own,
that I'm an atheist.  I'm actually very opening to discussing it without
wishing ill will on the other person.

As for athiests "will be very sorry or they will burn in hell"--I don't
believe in hell, but if it came down to it I'd rather burn in hell that be
with the god you represent.  Besides, I'm sure heaven will be lacking in
beer, vodka, hot chicks and computers--which would make existing forever
boring!

And actually that does make one other note, I think having the short life
span that humans have is good. I don't want to live forever. I know I only
have one shot and I work on making every second of my life the way I want it
to be.  The idea of spending my life hoping to be loved by some super being
in the hopes of letting me into his idea of a wonderful way to spend the
rest of existence--scary.

aaron at kalosaurusrex:~$
Discere docendo - To learn through teaching.
Libera Te Tutemet - You, free yourself.