[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 05:30:10 UTC 2009

?

> READ THIS AGAIN, CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISM
> ARE COUSINS.  JUDAISM DOES NOT REJECT WORSHIPING A MAN GOD AS THE
> SAVIOR THE JEWS WAIT FOR IS TO BE A MAN BORN OF A WOMAN.

The messiah they sought/seek wasn't a god, it was the man who was
going to be the restored King of Israel, and rule over a world of
global peace. Totally different thing.  (The whole "king of the jews"
taunt make more sense to you now?)

> JESUS IS THE SAME GOD AS, "I AM."

Some people make that argument, but it's just that:an argument.

>  YOU CANNOT SEPARATE JESUS FROM THE FATHER, THE GOD THE
> JEWS KNOW, ANYMORE THAN YOU CAN SEPARATE THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM JESUS OR
> THE FATHER.

Oh, so god couldn't be split, sent here, and then tempted by himself,
and feel forsaken by himself?

> Cathoicism does not have gods and retains the Jewish
> commandment, thou shall not have other false gods before me.

That's a horrible translation. The main variants on that (of repeated)
chunk of text about is not worshiping any other gods *more*.

> If you
> were to properly understand Catholicism, you'd realize that it is
> monotheistic just like it's Jewish parent.

Judaism has had polytheistic, and monotheistic, strains and roots,
just like Catholicism has had. Ignorance of them doesn't mean they
never existed.

> With all due respect, you
> are limiting God by saying He can not take on the form and experience of
> Man.

I thought god couldn't be split?

> The lack of proper scholarship is the problem that is getting
> you way off base here.

LOL, it's kind of funny to hear that from somebody who doesn't seem to
understand the polytheistic roots of Judaism.

> You don't understand Nicea.

I seem to recall a conversation where you weren't even aware of
Arius... oh, I understand it all right.

> The Catholic church has NEVER taught that
> there is more than one God.

Not in the last 1700 years they haven't. They decided that they should
do the same thing as their forefathers, and merge all the different
gods into "one", and claim that it was really just one god the whole
time.

> Don't think you can claim that Catholicism is
> polytheistic though and get away with it without hearing a strong
> protest from those who know the truth.

Let me know when they stop worshiping saints, Mary, Jesus, etc.

It's intellectually dishonest to worship a bunch of different entities
as "god" and claim that they are different, but the same.

-Bop