[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Oct 31 07:36:55 UTC 2009

Wes, no Christian church is engaged in a conspiracy to cover
up the Truth.  You have provided no evidence for this.  Insisting
that telling you about miracles whether they be in the bible or
not is bull, because there was a conspiracy to get me to believe them,
that is an egregious insult.  What makes you think that the 1000s of
miracles since the dawn of Christianity are all fake?  What makes you
think that a church could maintain a following of at least 1 in 4
Americans or 75m+ people if it is lying to them and the rest of it's
members around the world?  I guess you don't think much of peoples'
ability to see through lies.  You can fool some people some of the
time, but not all of the people all the time.

There is no advantage to rejecting God nor is there any advantage
to believing that God doesn't care about you.  The value of human
life is that humanity is made in God's image and all humans have
an opportunity to live forever.  That is the basis for human
rights.  God is perfect.  Man is made to have a relationship
with God, a relationship that was broken in the garden of Eden.
The virgin Mary is the new Eve.  She alone was conceived without
sin, which is why one doesn't talk about sin when they talk about
Mary.  Mary is the spiritual mother of humanity because her fiat,
her yes to being the mother of Jesus, opened the gates of heaven.
Through Mary's yes and Christian baptism, it is possible to get
into heaven.

I imagine that atheists can get to heaven, but not easily.  Baptism
is necessary to get into heaven.  There is baptism of desire and
God being just He will certainly make an exception for those atheists
who don't know any better that want heaven.  That said, Christians
have an obligation to pray for their fellow Man who is an atheist
or otherwise lost.  Atheists are certainly not the only ones in
trouble when it comes to reaching heaven, but God is just and
compassionate.  He does reach into hearts and He certainly will
make exceptions for people who miss getting baptized that still
want heaven.

Something bugs me, some comment was made about their being quotas
for heaven.  I reject that belief which I believe is Buddhist.
There is no reincarnation for humanity, only eternal life,
purgatory, or eternal punishment.

Study this prayer:

"Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with you."

"Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb
Jesus."

"Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of
our death, amen."

A couple of hints, a couple of facts.  Amen means I believe.
Jesus  is God is the Father is the Holy Spirit.  It doesn't make
sense that God is three persons in one except to say that one
should not limit God.  Mary is without sin and Jesus' mother,
so she has the ear of Jesus in a way that noone else does.
Honor your father and mother is a Jewish commandment that Jesus
obeyed and still to this day obeys.  Fact, the Jews in Jesus'
time were looking for a savior, a redeemer.  Fact, Judas
betrayed Jesus thinking that Jesus would incite a rebellion
and overthrow the Roman rulers.  Fact, Judas committed suicide.
Fact, Judas is in hell.  "It would have been better if he had
never been born" (Jesus Christ's lament concerning Judas).
Fact, the Jewish high priests in Jesus' time were predominantly
power hungry and corrupt.  Fact, Herod was nuts and he did have
children killed in an attempt to keep Jesus from becoming a King.
Fact, the old testament of the bible is a foreshadowing of the
events in the new testament.  Fact, Jesus knew this and it is
clear that He did if you read the new testament carefully.
Fact, Mary has appeared in many places around the globe at
different times.  These places include Fatima, Medjugore,
Japan, Guadalupe, Lourdes...  The miracle of the sun in
Medjugore is real and probably still happening.  Fact, there
are people who have seen Mary that are so intensively
peaceful.  Look at Medjugore where the children who saw Mary
were treated horribly by the communist regime.  The priest
the children spoke to even got tortured.  Fact, there is an
incorruptible saint near Guadalupe.  The fact is, there is
evidence of God's existence and work in the world today right
now.  How can a being that is more powerful than us and
considerate to us be unimportant to us?

I won't read secular humanist propaganda.  It is crap.  People
prayed for the fall of atheistic communism and it happened in
Russia.  I doubt that Russians are predominantly religious these
days, but give them some time and I'll certain that that will
change.