[PLUG-TALK] Religion is not bad...

David Mandel dmandel at davidmandel.com
Sat Oct 31 10:17:09 UTC 2009

I also agree with Michael that "CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISM ARE COUSINS"
as is Islam.

It is true, many Christians see God as a Trinity consisting of the
"Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead" and this confuses
things a bit; but I think it is fair to see that we all believe in one
God and that
is the God of Abraham.

Thus, it is also fair to say that the Christian God (YHWH or Yahweh or
Allah or  Jehovah or ...)
predates Christianity.  And from what I have read human knowledge of
Yahweh predates
historic Judaism as well.  (I can not remember the details beyond
that.)  However,  human
knowledge of Yahweh still seems to be newer than knowledge of some
other gods - most
notably the God (or Gods) or Hinduism.

David Mandel

P.S.  It is interesting how man has always had religion.  It seems as
if religion is
simply part of being human.