[PLUG-TALK] Power Strip Switches

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Oct 31 14:55:48 UTC 2009

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> They make "switch extension cords" with a plug and socket at one end
> and a switch at the other.  I use some two prong ones, UL approved,
> I think I got them at Ace hardware.   Perhaps they make 3 prong ones.

I have one of those two-prong ones, too. I'll have to look for 3 prong one.
> Or, you can think outside the box, and control the benches with
> X10 controllers.

All good ideas. In my case, this is a single computer desk with the
computer, monitor, DLS modem, and printer all plugged into the power
strip. X-10 would add a layer of complexity and likely confuse some of
the folks that use the machine. The desk needs to be office furniture,
not a lab bench. But, I should look for a desk with a switched outlet
built in. You never know what's available until you look.

Thanks for the input.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens