[PLUG-TALK] OS Software for Architectural Design

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Sep 12 19:53:55 PDT 2009

I probably don't even need software. All I want to do is design a
one-in-four 14 foot roof truss. Just your basic W truss. You'd think
I'd be able to find free designs aplenty on the web, but every site is
intent on selling me a full set of plans complete with list of
materials.

It's just for a shed, so I could probably wing it. But not being an
architect or construction engineer I am unfamiliar with things like the
load bearing capacity of a 7' 2x4. And I can't even find that on the
web.