[PLUG-TALK] ADSL Service vs. Transfer Speeds

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Tue Sep 29 18:51:20 UTC 2009

The number I have used as a guide is 11% overhead. Anything
worse you are toast if you are consumer vs commercial. When
I had a T1, I set the 'alarm' at 10% for me to start calling.

As a 'consumer' the fine print basically says, "if we want
to we will check into it", which is the not so fancy way of
saying no QOS requirement.

-pete