[PLUG-TALK] user defined tag attributes in html

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Sep 30 20:28:42 PDT 2009

I'm writing the next version of wydiwys.  Much less baroque than
the first.  I would like to add my own attributes to <div> tags
in some places, for example:

I believe can find the wyat attribute with jquery with a
  .attr("wyat")  method appended onto the selected element.
And I believe that the browser will otherwise ignore the
custom attribute, letting jquery deal with it.

As a compleet noob, I probably have my language wrong, but
perhaps somebody can help me see the light, anyway?