[PLUG-TALK] source for replacement carbon brushes

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Apr 20 06:05:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 06:23:58PM -0700, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> I hate to contemplate trashing a fine vacuum cleaner for want of a piece of
> carbon.  What will happen to the carcass if I toss it?

I suggest looking at Google Images for "motor brush" and see if you
find something similar.

A alternative to find a more popular, smaller motor that fits
within the cavity occupied by the present motor, and find a
coupling and cut some shims to fit that replacement motor.

If people ever wake up to the idea that "green" living is about
re-using what you've already got, rather than consuming "green"
versions of the same endless consumption items ... Then perhaps
there would be durable replacement motors with adjustable mounting
kits, so a few replacement types could fix thousands of different
appliances.  Maybe there are enough of us repair-minded folk
around the world to sustain a business that provides such.