[PLUG-TALK] friendly IP provider

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Wed Apr 21 17:11:38 UTC 2010

I was downloading approx 22 GB of geo & atmospheric data.

When I got home the download had been broken. When I pulled
up my browser my port 80's were redicted to Qwest.net. THE
ONLY thing I use qwest.net for is to get me an IP address
and a 'pipe'. Nothing else. I for now do my own DNS, etc, etc.
I'm moving to a hosting site soon, but that's another story.

All http was redirected to

http://excessive.use.qwest.net/

it looks you have to be on qwest.net to get to it

It basically said that I was abusing there system and it was
not for this type of activity and i should look in to their
IQ service if I wanted to continue such traffic. IQ starts at
$430/month. The IQ must be for those with a IQ of under 50.

Anyway it looks line on the 10th of January 2010 qwest.net AUP
has changed, there 'unlimited' is no longer unlimited.

Tada ...

-pete