[PLUG-TALK] The Oregon Trail

Michael Moore moore.michael.m at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:11:18 UTC 2010

I remember playing this game (though it may have been Oregon Trail II)
only once back in the late 1970s, and I'm pretty sure my character
died of dysentery.  So I thought this was pretty amusing:

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2010/08/you-have-died-of-dysentery.html

It's a trailer for an imagined feature film version of the 8-bit game,
complete with characters making the kinds of mistakes people made
playing the game, like spending all your money on ammo or killing more
meat than you could carry.  And, of course, getting dysentery.

Michael M.