[PLUG-TALK] Comcast problems

Richard Powell plug at hackhawk.net
Mon Aug 16 21:09:08 PDT 2010

I logged a ticket for a business class service that was down this
morning in Tigard.

They reported that they were experiencing an outage.  I believe they
were down from 10:30am for a least a half hour, possibly more.

Additionally, I have experienced various similar oddities with my
Comcast modem at home, on-going.  I'll get no route to host to a single
IP on a remote sub-net, but I know the IP is working from other
addresses.  A reboot of the Comcast modem fixes the problem.

I personally believe the Comcast modems are a bit flaky/unreliable.
Similar issues at multiple locations with comcast modems where reboot
fixes the problem.

I've been meaning to replace my Comcast modem, but just haven't got
around to it yet.  :)

Richard