[PLUG-TALK] Rebuilding Teletype

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 28 11:42:33 PDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Pete Lancashire wrote:

> For me, I think a HP-211x minicomputer running timeshare Basic so I can
> dig out my Star-Trek tape from 1972 or so load and and run it ...

pete,

   If you want a great multiplayer simulation game, find and rebuild
terminals from the U. of Illinois' PLATO system and run the air war game on
it. Other than eye pain from the grid-plasma terminals after several hours
of play it was highly addictive. So much so that the administration told us
grad students we couldn't log on and play until after 10:00 pm, but we had
players from all around the globe where the universities had PLATO terminals
installed. Even my 7-year-old son enjoyed playing it.