[PLUG-TALK] Rewiring Our Brains In a Digital World

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 9 15:56:34 UTC 2010

   The subject is the title of Ruth Marcus's column in today's Oregonian. I
cannot find a digital copy of this column on either the Oregonian's or
Washington Post's web sites.

   Regardless, it's worth reading and considering. This lack of attention
span and empathy already affects us in our personal and business lives, and
will only become worse over time.

   I'm really pleased to see how crowded the local libraries are with readers
of all ages, yet each computer terminal there is also fully occupied.

   The implications are worth conversations, particularly among those parents
and educators who might be able to reverse the trend.