[PLUG-TALK] telephone punch down blocks?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Jun 12 01:42:59 UTC 2010

Doing telephone wiring in the new house, and looking for type 66
punchdown blocks.  None at Norvac and Frys.  Places like Home
Depot have $40 6 position oversized boxes, not the simple blocks
which are $10 online.

Before I mail order some, does anybody have a few of these (used
probably OK) in their surplus pile, or are there any retail
stores that have them?  For now, I will just run the wires a
bit longer and wirenut them together, but I would rather do
the job right.

BTW, doing it with RJ11 connectors and adapters will turn into
a corrosion nightmare, a decade down the road.