[PLUG-TALK] Killing Zombie in M$ Body

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Jun 23 17:52:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:18:41AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Paul Mullen wrote:
>
> > Yahoo's e-mail might be lame, but changing from one mail provider to
> > another won't get rid of the malware on her Windows system.
>
>    But it will take them awhile to find her again.

I'm not understanding something here.

> > A fresh install of Windows.
>
>    Oof! Heh-heh. I'm sure she'll love this. :-)

You'll love it even more, once it's done 6-10 hours later.  Might be able
to fix it with ian AVG Rescue CD or Trend Micro Housecall, though.
http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd

But really, it's commercial closed-source software, so she should just go
pay a repairman to have it fixed.  No user-servicable parts inside.