[PLUG-TALK] Color Printers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 30 16:52:35 UTC 2010

   Infrequently, I need to print a page (or more) in color. Sometimes it's a
photograph, more likely it's a map. My experience with the ol' HP 2500C was
that it produced great output (up to 11"x17"), but the ink or nozzles would
clog since I used it infrequently. I assume that's the case with all
inkjets.

   Is there a single-purpose printer that's worth buying? I can always take a
flash drive to Kinkos for printing, but when a project needs color maps or
figures it's much more convenient to do it all here.

   And, of course, the printer has to work with linux as that's the only OS
here.

TIA,