[PLUG-TALK] Color Printers

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed Jun 30 18:27:58 UTC 2010

Yes.  My wife and I both have the very same problem.  We each use inexpensive
Samsung laser printers do to black and write printing.  The Samsungs have proven
to be inexpensive to buy, inexpensive to run, fast enough to print
moderate size
documents, etc.  In short, they are super.

Unfortunately, color has been more of a problem.  We use Epson RX500
series all-in-one
printers for this.  They are inexpensive to purchase, but expensive to
run.  Neither of us
do much color printing and these printers have been a pain.  The ink
cartridges are always clogged and dry out before we use them
completely.  Most of the time we end
up using Kinko's.   At least these printer do a good job scanning.  We
both use them a lot as scanners; but rarely use them anymore to print.

Sometimes I consider buying a color laser printer.   Anyone have any
experience to share about the cheaper consumer grade color laser
printers.  I do know the professional (expensive) grade ones work
well; but I have no experience with the consumer grade ones.

David Mandel