[PLUG-TALK] Geek Archive News

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Mar 5 21:10:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 10:21:51AM -0800, Michael wrote:
> Popular Science Puts Entire Scanned Archive Online, Free

http://www.popsci.com/archives

Search for "Darwin 1873" for a 15 page review of the 64 year
old British naturalist's latest book, "The Expression of
Emotions in Man and Animals".  Rather stimulating, that.

I must now have my servant hitch Dobbin to the carriage,
and make haste to Portland to procure a copy at Gill&Steel .
I shall endeavor to transmit my impressions to the Society
in a later telegraph.

My journey would be eased by means of a motorized carriage
which flies through the upper reaches of the air, far above
the noisesome and fetid commoners.  Perhaps I shall submit
a manuscript on the subject to Popular Science.  When
published, it will no doubt stimulate the invention of
such a salubrious conveyance in the very near future.