[PLUG-TALK] Mouse Paste Buffer Update

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Tue Nov 2 20:33:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>>   It's apparently not pointy-device specific as it happens with two
>> different devices, and works with the one that was not used when the
>> failure occurred. Puzzling and frustrating.
>
>   Now that Marvin's confirmed the new DIMMs need to be replaced, I'll see if
> that fixes the problems. Who'da' thunk it? Bad RAM out of a sealed package.

I don't see how the bad ram can be causing this cut and paste problem.
As Nathan and Daniel have explained, cut and paste is a negotiation
between two applications, each in their own area of ram. Why would cut
and paste between two applications in some semi-random area of ram
always affect just this explicit function. Bad ram usually causes more
random problems since things get loaded in different order and into
different ram each time you start an application.  This looks more
like some software problem, not a hardware problem.

 Does explicit copying with ctrl-c and pasting with ctrl-v work?  Is
there some other application/desktop widget running that is
interfering with cut and paste.

Bill