[PLUG-TALK] X-10 device life

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 01:37:07 UTC 2010

Anyone else using X-10 home automation equipment?

Do you have any experience with the expected life of the modules and
switches?

I have a three-way switch that controls lights. It is a push-button
switch mounted in a standard switch box in the living room. Lately, I
have to push the button a few times to get the light to change from on
to off, or off to on. This switch is probably 20 years old. I have a few
other X-10 parts that have worn out over the years. I'm wondering if it
is something to be expected.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens