[PLUG-TALK] Mouse Paste Buffer Update

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 31 15:49:42 UTC 2010

   Yesterday I plugged a USB-connected mouse to the system and used that
rather than the trackball. For the little I did yesterday, it worked. This
morning, after using the mouse heavily for a while, it quit pasting from the
buffer (the selected text was still highlighted in the other window).

   Unplugging the mouse and returning to the trackball, I re-highlighted the
desired text and it pasted where needed. Interesting.

   It's apparently not pointy-device specific as it happens with two
different devices, and works with the one that was not used when the failure
occurred. Puzzling and frustrating.