[PLUG-TALK] Any ADOdb/PHP Users Here?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 6 15:42:31 UTC 2011

   I have a problem that needs input from more experienced folks. The only
PHP-based Web application here is CMS Made Simple. It worked last autumn
when I had postgres-7.x installed. Since then I've upgraded postgres a
couple of times and now have -9.0.3 installed. I'm having difficulties
getting the application to connect to the database through the adodb
connection.

   In /var/www/htdocs/cmsms/config.php there is:

#This is your database connection information.  Name of the server,
#username, password and a database with proper permissions should
#all be setup before CMS Made Simple is installed.
$config['dbms'] = 'postgres';
$config['db_hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['db_username'] = 'rshepard';
$config['db_password'] = '<password>';
$config['db_name'] = 'cms';
#Change this param only if you know what you are doing
$config["db_port"] = '';

yet I'm getting an error in /var/log/httpd/error_log that tells me:

[Tue Apr 05 16:45:39 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:
Attempt to connect to database cms on rshepard at localhost failed in
/var/www/htdocs/cmsms/lib/adodb.functions.php on line 85

and the function containing line 85 is:

   if (FALSE == $connect_result)
   {
     $str = "Attempt to connect to database {$config['db_name']} on {$conf
     trigger_error($str,E_USER_ERROR);
     die($str);
   }

   If no one here has the experience to tell me what I need to do to fix the
problem (which does not include installing, configuring, and learning mysql
for one application), please suggest a resource for help.