[PLUG-TALK] Finding PHP Expert

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 7 15:54:57 UTC 2011

   My travels to get CMS Made Simple working again with postgres-9.x keep
running into dead ends. The CMSMS folks showed me it's not an issue with
their application, and the postgres folks showed me it's not an issue with
the back end. That brought me to the ADOdb layer which, according to its Web
site, does not explicitly have support for 9.x.

   I joined the adodb mail list yesterday and other than some sort of meeting
annoucement in Italian, mine's the only post on the list. Going to
adodb.sourceforge.net lead me to the php interface and a Web-based forum on
which I posted the same help request.

   Knowing nothing about PHP or ADOdb I've no idea what needs to be fixed in
adodb.functions.php. How difficult can it be to establish a connection to
the database? And, what could be so different in postgres-9.x from earlier
versions?

   Can anyone here point me to a PHP expert who might be able to help me fix
the code so I can get this application running again?

TIA,