[PLUG-TALK] Finding PHP Expert

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 8 13:59:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Ronald Chmara wrote:

> Looks like PHP is *connecting* to postgres with native DB driver
> libraries, at least? Have you tried to run a SELECT statement to rule out
> internal DB permissions issues?

Bop,

   No, it's not.

   I _think_ that I found the source of the problem, but I cannot seem to get
it fixed. When I looked more closely this morning at the configuration
section of the phpinfo() output I saw that the database was specified as
'postgreql-shared' and 'pdo-postgresql-shared'. I had done that a couple of
days ago when I re-built 5.2.17, then discoverdd that the actual name php
wants is 'pgsql.' So, I changed the options in the SlackBuild script to
reflect that:

   --with-pgsql=shared,/usr \
   --with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr \

and rebuilt the package. I then upgraded the installed package. However,
phpinfo() still showed

...ldap=shared' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-hash'
'--with-mhash=shared,/usr' '--with-postgresql=shared,/usr'
'--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-pdo-postgresql=shared,/usr' '--with-...

in the configure command section at the very top of the page.

   Hmmm-m-m-m. So, just now I removed the package completely, rebuilt and
re-installed it. But, phpinfo() _still_ shows 'postgresql' rather than
'pgsql' and in the pdo section of the page only sqlite is shown. My
application still does not run.

   The issue now is how to get rid of whatever phpinfo() is seeing so that it
can see (and use) the proper reference to the database.