[PLUG-TALK] Finding PHP Expert

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 8 17:59:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Ronald Chmara wrote:

> Looks like PHP is *connecting* to postgres with native DB driver
> libraries, at least? Have you tried to run a SELECT statement to rule out
> internal DB permissions issues?

Bop,

   Stepping back to regain perspective, it's in the httpd error_log that the
problem is with the adodb.functions.php file; that's where the connection to
the db should be established.

   The file is just less than 4000 bytes. If someone knows php, I'd
appreciate a version that had added code to track just where it is when it
fails and, perhaps, why it's failing. I'll be happy to provide this 139-line
file to someone who knows the language.