[PLUG-TALK] Mid-Valley Broadband

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 07:37:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2011, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
>> The guy up in the bucket was banging on the Comcast cable, 3 feet below
>> the power wires, with a hammer.  WTF?
>   Percussive maintenance. It's taught in the trade schools here.
>> Now the truck is backing down the street as the bucket guy
>> looks at the cable.
>   See? Musta' worked.

One of the tech skills I've had to use far too often:
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/W/wave-a-dead-chicken.html

While a hammer could knock loose corrosive material impeding an
electrical connection, people often generally want to *see* action,
even if it has no real basis in reality. Bad for tech, but good for
customer relations.

-Ronabop