[PLUG-TALK] The Sky is Falling! (not)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Aug 6 21:08:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 07:12:47PM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> After getting home from last night's meeting I logged into my Schwab
> account and placed six limit orders for the next day, each up to a
> buck below Thursday's closing prices. All were filled within the first
> hour as the markets continued to slide. By the end of the day the Dow
> was up $60 and I made several thousand dollars today.
>
> Don't sell in a panic and don't buy in a boom. Be a contrarian to the
> market: Buy in a panic and sell in a boom.

Baron von Rothchild once said "the time to buy is when blood is
running in the streets".  Later, Hitler put all the Rothchilds
he could grab in extermination camps, because he hated others
getting rich on all his brutal hard work.

It might not be the best idea to let the supporters of future
Hitlers know how you are counteracting their stupidity.  Nobody
like that on this list, of course, but Google knows everything,
and is used by too many know-nothings.