[PLUG-TALK] Copyright, Geneology, ??

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Tue Aug 9 16:40:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Russell Senior
<russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:

> Keith> Edwin Fitch Northrup died in 1940 near Philadelphia.  He was a
> Keith> physics professor at Princeton (1910-1920), and his inventions
> Keith> founded two successful companies.
>
> Keith> Any genology buffs here, who know how to track down heirs?
>
> I'd suggest looking for the obituary, which typically list
> "survivors".  If you can't find it online, ask a public librarian for
> help.  Libraries often buy access to newspaper archives, and
> librarians are experts (if imperfect) at locating such records.
>
> My wife suggests "America's obituaries" that is available through
> Multomah County Library.  If you don't already have one, you may well
> be eligible for a "free" (supported through property taxes) library
> card: http://www.multcolib.org/catalog/card/cardnew.html

Russell
     Edward Fitch Northrup had several brothers and sisters. Last
night I traced down several living descendants of one of his sisters.
I sent this information to Keith offline because it involves people
currently alive.

I did not directly  find an obituary of Edwin Northrup online, but I
found this reference which lists 7 books that have biographies of him.
 If anyone has access to any of the books listed below,  they might
have something interesting

Bill

Name: Edwin Fitch Northrup
Birth - Death: 1866-1940
Source Citation:

Current Biography Yearbook. 1940 edition. New York: H.W. Wilson Co.,
1940. (CurBio 1940)

Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature. A checklist, 1700-1974. Volume
1. By R. Reginald. Detroit: Gale Research, 1979. (ScF&FL 1)

Biography Index. A cumulative index to biographical material in books
and magazines. Volume 3: September, 1952-August, 1955. New York: H.W.
Wilson Co., 1956. (BioIn 3)

A Dictionary of North American Authors Deceased before 1950. Compiled
by W. Stewart Wallace. Toronto: Ryerson Press, 1951. (DcNAA)

Index to Scientists of the World from Ancient to Modern Times.
Biographies and portraits. By Norma Olin Ireland. Boston: F.W. Faxon
Co., 1962. (InSci)

The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography. Volume 38. New York:
James T. White & Co., 1953. Use the Index to locate biographies.
(NatCAB 38)

Who Was Who in America. A component volume of Who's Who in American
History. Volume 1, 1897-1942. Chicago: A.N. Marquis Co., 1943. (WhAm
1)