[PLUG-TALK] Comcast Cable Modem - Rent or Buy?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 13:33:31 UTC 2011

My wife asked me, "What are we paying Comcast $7 (something) a month
for?" She was referring to the item on the bill for the monthly cable
modem rental. Several years ago we decided it was worth it because they
replaced one that went bad. Now we're asking the question again since
it's been several years since there's been a problem.

So, what do you all think? Should I buy a cable modem and turn in my
rented one?

If yes, what models do you recommend, and from whom should I buy one?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens