[PLUG-TALK] Computer Speakers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 23 22:37:13 UTC 2011

   Seems to me that unless the speakers are built into the monitor they need
to be plugged into an electrical source. Are there any that get their power
from the computer itself?

   I've had a pair of Altec-Lansing speakers that keep falling over, take up
a lot of room, and are a general PITA for the few times I use them.

   I'm open to recommendations for replacement speakers. Small is good. I
don't need Klipsch, Bose, or other high end quality because my hearing is no
longer high end as a result of getting older. I just want an inexpensive
pair that Just Work (TM).