[PLUG-TALK] travel to china experience?

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Tue Dec 13 05:37:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 08:57:30PM -0800, Russell Senior wrote:
> My wife is going to Guam in March for work.  She has been studying
> Mandarin Chinese for the last year or so and is reasonably fluent.  It
> occurred to me that, omg, you are almost all the way to China in Guam,
> why not see if you can hop on a plane and do a few day visit to China
> while you are there.  There is a flight through Korea for not too much.
>
> So, we start doing research about getting a tourist visa to China.  So
> far, it looks like it's not possible to apply for a visa by mail, and
> that you must present yourself (or via an agent) to the regional
> consulate, which for us appears to be in San Francisco.  Naturally, as
> much as we like the bay area, we'd prefer not to travel there just get
> a visa.
>
> Has anyone reading this applied for a visa to China?  What was your
> procedure?

We used http://www.chinesevisaexpress.com/

Fill out the from, send it with passport, they do the walk through.
Works great.

Somehow we applied for a single entry and ended up with a multiple entry,
so we can return during the next year with no additional visa issues.

Easy process.

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Other Adventures: http://www.jamhome.us/ or http://westy.saunter.us/