[PLUG-TALK] Linux and charitable work

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Feb 2 21:39:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 07:33:28AM -0800, MJang wrote:
> Some colleagues are looking for info on the use of Linux in charity
> work, specifically in orgs like orphanages, shelters, rescue groups, etc
> "that help the human and animal races".

labdoo.org is an international organization which places laptops in
schools around the world.  One of our PLUG members, an active helper
at the Linux Clinic, was sent back to Guatemala by the INS, sigh.
While looking for laptop repair stuff, we stumbled across labdoo on
the net.  Now he helps them with computers deployed in Guatemala City.