[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG] bing's decision engine decides to use google

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Feb 3 07:19:29 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

Russell> Omg, that brightened my otherwise not so bright day.  So pathetic.

Russell> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/microsofts-bing-uses-google-search.html

Michael> "Even search results that we would consider mistakes of our
Michael> algorithms started showing up on Bing."

Denis> Another view:
Denis> http://www.precursorblog.com/content/glass-house-google-throws-stones

I don't have a lot of respect for that guy.  His argument consists of
some irrelevant accusations and reasons-to-possibly-hate-google, not
really germane to whose search engine is better.  He seems like kind of a
shill.

It sounds like maybe Microsoft is just mining associations it finds
flying by, but that is a little lame compared to people really working
at making the associations to begin with.  It is particularly ironic
in light of Microsoft's claims in its TV ads of how it provides more
relevant results than google.

Note: i've cross-posted this to plug-talk, maybe we should continue
the conversation there.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net