[PLUG-TALK] Ford mechanic needed

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 20:23:06 UTC 2011

The recent thread regarding the need for a Subaru mechanic reminded me
that I am in a similar situation, except I'm not poor, just cheap. The
check engine light on my Ford (102K miles)  came on last summer, and I
have been ignoring it. However, the great state of Oregon recently sent
me a notice that I must get it through the DEQ by the end of April.
There are hundreds of components that could be the cause, and Google
reports horror stories from people who keep having one component
replaced after another and the damn light keeps coming back on. I just
need it to stay off long enough to get it through the DEQ.

Then again, I own a house in Vancouver whose address I could use, so
re-licensing may be a cheaper alternative.