[PLUG-TALK] Ford mechanic needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 12 21:34:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, wes wrote:

> Many auto parts stores will read computer error codes for you for free.

   Computers in cars??? What're those new-fangled things doing?

   I suppose the computers are needed because the are so few diagnosticians
in the auto trades. There are mechanics/parts swappers, but those who can
diagnose by sound and feel are a dying breed. Like cobblers and mechanical
watch repairmen.

> WA requires DEQ testing also. However, they only care if the Check Engine
> Light is on if the vehicle is made in 1996 or later. The light could have
> zero effect on emissions.

   Put a piece of black electrical tape over the light.