[PLUG-TALK] Canon scanners: Would you buy one?

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Thu Feb 24 17:26:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 5:32 AM, Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:36:11PM -0800, Bill Barry wrote:
> This logic ignores the costs of negative externalities.
> For just one counter example consider private automobiles.
> Hardly the greenest travel option available.  Mistakenly analyzed as
> the cheapter option by many.

I agree. I would say automobile travel is clearly subsidized. All of
those costs of building roads and fighting over oil fields is not
directly born by the automobile driver. If you were forced to pay by
the mile the actual cost of driving it would be almost non-existent.
The same can be said of bicycle travel over paved roads.

Bill