[PLUG-TALK] Need phone advice

Alex Young alexander.young at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 01:33:12 UTC 2011

First off, I'm not an android user, so this partly just my experiences
as an iPhone user, and partly what I've learned from others who do use
android.

Stylus: google "capacitive stylus".  They work on capacitive screens
just fine.  That said, you almost surely will get better at it and
just use your fingers at some point.  The autocorrect stuff is really
good now if you try to trust it.

Bluetooth: it is slow. Designed that way. Use wifi to transfer files
if you can, it's MUCH faster.

Mail client: android has a great mail client called K9, you should
really give that a try.  It may require rooting your phone to find if
the app store you have is limited by the carrier.

Smartphones are fun and useful, you just have to get used to them.
Try to have fun, put it down when you're frustrated, try again later.

I'll probably get an android at some point, but I wanted the high res
screen so I'm stuck in apple land for now.  It's not all bad though,
as long as you root it.  I think that's the case on either platform.

I don't sign off this way usually, but yeah, I typed this on my iPhone.

-Alex