[PLUG-TALK] Open Source Supporters and SB 161

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Thu Jan 13 19:57:35 UTC 2011

On Jan 13, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Michael wrote:

> Rich correctly and completely defined what he meant by "revenue neutral."
> A great number of Oregon gas stations are also mini-marts or attached to larger operations (eg. Safeway and Costco)
>
> What we would see is split tier pricing between self and "full" serve pumps.

Only if stations choose to retain full serve pumps. If not mandated, I'd suspect that most stations would opt to go 'self-serve only', and then they could terminate the pump jockeys, and have fewer employees.

I haven't read the bill, so I don't know if this would actually be the scenario or not.

As far as Dwights comment, not sure where the sales tax comes into it.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net