[PLUG-TALK] Open Source Supporters and SB 161

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu Jan 13 21:48:03 UTC 2011

>   What I wonder is what Oregon drivers who demand service do when they
> travel to states like Nevada where there is nothing but self-service; at
> least, not at the stations I've used. Years ago when a similar bill was
> proposed I suggested to the sponsoring legislator that those who object to
> denying us the choice should have their drivers license stamped, "Valid
> only
> in Oregon."
>
> Rich

I used to live in Vancouver. More than once I have helped someone  to fill
up, whose car wore Oregon colors.

However, with the economy in its present shape, I firmly believe the vast
majority of drivers in Oregon (90%+) will opt to learn how to do it
themselves rather than pay extra for someone else to do it.

-wes