[PLUG-TALK] Open Source Supporters and SB 161

Michael Moore moore.michael.m at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 22:39:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>   What I wonder is what Oregon drivers who demand service do when they
> travel to states like Nevada where there is nothing but self-service; at
> least, not at the stations I've used. Years ago when a similar bill was
> proposed I suggested to the sponsoring legislator that those who object to
> denying us the choice should have their drivers license stamped, "Valid only
> in Oregon."

Living back east, I always used it as an excuse not to have to be the
one doing the pumping whenever we'd take road trips.  "One of you has
to do it, I don't know how.  I'm from Oregon."

Worked really well.  At first, when I still had an Oregon license, I
tried claiming that it was illegal for me to pump gas, but New Yorkers
aren't really that gullible.

Michael