[PLUG-TALK] Need phone advice

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 23:12:09 UTC 2011

I lost my phone. I've had it for years, and I've always hated it. So
now I have a valid excuse to get a new one.

I went to the AT&T store and the sales dude pushed the iPhone at me,
claiming that it would suit me the best. I do very little texting or
internet, but I might more if I had a phone like the iPhone. However,
every Apple product I have ever had was frustratingly buggy, especially
my (now ancient) iPod.

Then I went to a Verizon store and looked at Androids. Better sales
dude, and I think I liked it a little better.

Then I decided to ask for suggestions here.

I want touch screen, bluetooth, GPS, decent camera, ability to play
mp3s (and transfer from my Fedora laptop), and ability to recharge from
computer via USB. Oh, and it has to be able to make phone calls.

What do y'all suggest?