[PLUG-TALK] Ubuntu 10.04 Update Manager strangeness

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 16:43:47 UTC 2011

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04. This morning the Update Manager tells me I
need to install "Important security updates" to dbus, dbus-x11, and
libdbus-1-3. I click on "Install Updates", enter my password, and now,
of course, everything works just fine. That's not what happened the
first three attempts. During the first three tries, after entering my
password I watched it say something to the effect of "downloading files"
and then do nothing. I just had the same "Important security updates"
window that I started with. I was stepping through the process the
fourth time, so I'd have the messages correct for this e-mail, when it
decided it would go ahead and do what it normally does.

I've not seen this behavior before. Is it something that I should be
concerned about? Or, should I not waste time trying to figure out why it
happened this way, this time?

Thanks.

--
Regards,