[PLUG-TALK] Neighborhood wiki

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Jul 31 21:57:41 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 08:06:07PM -0700, Daniel Hedlund wrote:
> What kind of content do you anticipate keeping on the wiki?  Is it something
> that would make sense keeping on portlandwiki.org or a hosted wiki site (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_farms)?

Public face, but mostly private passworded information to share
between neighbors.  Phone numbers, emergency contact info, etc.
I was planning on putting it on my server, using Moinmoin wiki,
because it has the appropriate security granularity.

If it works out, the whole West Slope area might join in, so
it might turn into a bunch of smaller information pools with
different password pools.  Doable with Moin, though a little
hard to explain to nongeeks.  I will write a few howtos,
perhaps.

I expect we are coming up on rough times.  Forming "villages"
with our neighbors might be one way to help each other out.