[PLUG-TALK] Shipment scramble

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Mar 1 12:14:07 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 06:05:26PM -0800, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> ...  It looks as if UPS had a crash and the
> boxes were re-stuffed with items chosen at random from random stuff strewn
> about.
> How UPS had the cojones to send a box in such shape, or randomly stuff into
> broken boxes is beyond me.

I am reminded of Tom Hanks opening washed-ashore Fed Ex boxes in
Cast Away.  Just be thankful that you did not get body parts of
the driver who died in the crash.  :-/

No, I don't know what your plastic hangy strip is, though I would
guess it is some kind of air barrier that sits above a wide
conveyor belt, perhaps leading into or out of a production line
furnace or optical measurement chamber, segregating light or
heat.  I'm guessing Solar World might use something like that,
and the 3M optical stuff, too.  I'm also guessing their shipments
and yours follow similar paths, many opportunities for careless
material exchange.