[PLUG-TALK] Cell screen protectors

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Mar 1 12:21:05 PST 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:25:14AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> There are a lot of them out there, all different kinds. Some have to be
> applied with water (scary). Prices range from under a buck to $20 each.
>
> Does anyone use one? If so, what brand, and did you like it?
> Suggestions and recommendations, anyone?

I have some polish for transparent plastic.  TAP Plastics sells
it.  Useful for scratched CDs and small airplane windshields.
I have not tried it on my cell phone screen, nor on the place
on my laptop screen where the trackpoint cap rubs.  It might
be worth trying the polish on both, as long as I can keep the
goop out of the innards.

Toothpaste works good as a first-stage plastic polish.